November 21, 2007

Yarn Stash(es)

Is it possible for a yarn stash to be too big? Most of my yarn is for 'designated projects' but once I finish those projects I'm going to have a lot of leftover yarn... Here are some photos of my yarn stash/collection - whatever you want to call it.

This is my afghan stash for the Queen of Hearts afghan from the book 100 Afghan Squares to Knit.
So far I have 6 skeins of Vanna's choice (pictured here) and I'm considering adding some other textures; I have a few leftover skeins of Caron's Simply Soft yarn in my 'leftovers' stash.


This is my 'Sock Yarn Stash'. Since I don't have a bigger basket, I've concluded that I have one skein and one ball too many. ;) The yarn is Lion Brand Wool-Ease worsted weight and destined for socks from this book. I couldn't afford to buy Philosopher's Wool, and Wool-Ease looked like a good alternative.
I really really really really don't like knitting with Fun Fur. So I found a crochet pattern. And I really really don't like crocheting anything other than Granny Squares.
But the pattern for this Sleepy Kitty Draft Dodger was so cute, and a draft dodger seems like such a good idea...

Moving on...


The purple yarn on the right is for a shawl pattern I got off Lion Yarn's website. The yarn on the left was for another shawl, but I decided that the yarn wouldn't show off the design very well. So if I like the way the purple shawl comes out I may use it for that. They are both Homespun yarns. The yarn on the top right is my yarn for practice socks from this book. The bag is just there because it's cute. I got it from House-Mouse designs.

This is my Granny Square Afghan project. I have 70-some odd squares and have not gotten very far. I'm having trouble with the white round for some reason. I have 2 other colors not pictured, and will probably run out of several before I finish. The yarn is Caron's simply soft.


This is my basket of yarn 'leftovers'. All the yarns are from previous projects, or bought at a garage sale.


So there you have it. My entire yarn collection/stash/pending projects. Whatever.


Happy Thanksgiving, and happy yarn collecting!
~Sarah

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Mom here - again! Perhaps I can be persuaded to crochet your Fun Fur project . . .

Sarah said...

Mom: I may take you up on that...I'll give it a try, and if it doesn't go well you can try it. :)
~Sarah