November 24, 2007

Black Friday

I'm insane. Totally, completely, thoroughly insane. A week ago I had a conversation with my Mom that went something like this:
Mom: Hey Sarah - if you go to {pick a store} at 4 AM you get {fill in the blank}
Me: Ummm...I don't think so
Mom: {pretending incredulity} Well why not? What's wrong with you?
Me: I'm sane.
Mom: Good point.
Thursday evening I had a conversation with my Sister. It went something like this:
Sister: Sarah, how would you feel about going shopping tomorrow?
Me: Well, I guess I wouldn't object as long as I don't have to go by myself.
Sister: Let's go after I get home from work.
Me: Ok.

Yeah. I don't know what's wrong with me either. We got to the mall and it was packed. There were a couple of stores where we walked in, looked at the checkout line, and walked back out. On the bright side we found some Special Things for Special People. We got home just in time for dinner, and then we went out again with my Mom. We went to the craft stores: JoAnn Etc, Michaels, and AC Moore. We also stopped by the Christmas Tree Shops. I got some yarn at JoAnn's for a Christmas gift (sorry can't tell you what it is yet). At Michaels I got some of those Chinese take out gift boxes, and some mugs - several people on my list are getting Mug'ems this year.


So I managed to survive Black Friday. Next year remind me not to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Please. My bank account would appreciate it.

~Sarah

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Incredulity? Who taught you that word? Do you think you're smarter than the mom who homeschooled you???

Love,
Mom

Sarah said...

Mom: I picked it up reading books. :) Besides, if you know the word too, I'm not really smarter than you, right?
~Sarah