November 14, 2007

Tatting and Cross Stitch


Last night Mom and I got together with a friend to stitch for a couple of hours. I started off on a cover for a tatted ball. Two rounds are done and I'm working on the third. I'm having a difficult time with the pattern, and I think that the rest of the balls are just going to get tiny doilies pinned on them. Here's a picture of the pattern book:

I got the pattern and satin balls from Handy Hands Tatting.





My shuttle didn't have enough thread on it to make the next ring, and I was getting really frustrated, so I worked on my Ruth 1:16 cross stitch for a while. I don't remember when I started it, but I've been working on it for 4-6 years.

The pattern is Leisure Arts la 3032. I couldn't find the pattern on Leisure Art's website, but I did see it on ebay and several other sites.

The original is done on linen, but having never worked on linen before, I decided to use 14 count Aida.


Happy Stitching!
~Sarah

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your tatting looks beautiful, and I love the cross stitch! Once you try linen, you'll never go back to Aida cloth!

Sarah said...

I have tried linen, and ever since have regretted that I didn't start this one on linen. I considered it, but decided I should start with a smaller pattern.
Thanks for stopping by!
~Sarah