February 22, 2008

Don't Knit If You're Tired - Or Else...

Before I went to bed last night, I decided to finish the pattern repeat on my shawl. There were only 2 or 3 rows left... Halfway through row 11, I thought I was on row 10 and had started knitting instead of purling. So I tinked back almost to the beginning of the row and about 3 inches from the beginning realized that I really was on row 11. I started forward again. 4 stitches from the end of the row I remembered that I didn't make the YO's at the center. After tinking back to the center and putting in the YO's I finally made it to the end of the row. Even though there was only one row left in the repeat I thought I should quit while I was ahead. So I dumped everything in my knitting bag and went to bed.
This morning I finished the 12'th row and decided to start the next repeat. At the beginning of row 9 I noticed I was almost of of yarn. I thought to myself 'oh there'll be enough to finish the row.' That's where Murphy's Law comes into play. If you think there's enough yarn left for one more row, I can guarantee that you will run out of yarn. Sure enough, 6 stitches from the end of the row I ran out of yarn. I attached my new skein of yarn and made it to the end of the repeat, at which point I decided I'd had enough knitting for one day.

The bright side to all this is that there are only two more pattern repeats (16 rows total), a crocheted bind off and it will be done. The camera is currently unavailable, but I'll be sure to have a picture for my next goal list.

Happy Knitting~
Sarah

No comments: