April 12, 2008

Etsy Shop & Contest

*I've changed the date of this post so that it will stay at the top of my blog until the contest is over. Scroll down to see new posts.*
I've decided to open an Etsy shop, and need some ideas for a name for my shop. My current Etsy account is simplesticher - in case you didn't catch it, I left out the second 't' in stitcher.
I'm planning to sell beaded items; bookmarks, earrings, knitting markers, and anything else that strikes my fancy.

So, if you have an idea for a name for my shop, leave it in the comments. If I choose your title, I'll send you the cross stitch pictured on the left. If I don't like any of the titles, I'll pick a random commenter to send it to.
The I will close the contest in 2 weeks, on Saturday, April 12.


Some random info about myself that may help you think up a title: :)
Besides crafting, I love gardening, reading, and playing the piano.
I love cats and butterflies, and tolerate dogs.

I generally have 10-20 or so projects going at once. (Please note that they are not all the same type of project- for example, there may be 4 cross stitch, 2 or 3 knitting, embroidery, quilling, tatting, and a couple sewing projects)

My favorite colors are purple in shades of lavender and lilac, and pale yellow.

My favorite stuffed animals are seals. I have 14, plus 4 miniature seals made of various materials.

I have a large collection of candles, and a few oil lamps. I like to use them during the winter - it helps cheer up gloomy days.

I hope all this helps a little in thinking up names for my new Etsy shop.
Have fun!
~Sarah

1 comment:

Sarah said...

hmm...what about something with 'garden' in it? Like Garden Gate Creations or Over the Garden Gate? Or something to do with music. . .Stitching Melodies? Seamingly Harmonious? (play with the word 'seem' haha) Ok, I'll stop for now. LOL