December 1, 2007

Yarn Shop Visit

Spirit Work knitting and designs is one of my favorite LYS. My other two favorites are Knit-n-Purl, and The Village Yarn & Fiber Shop. I went to Spirit Work on Thursday, and got some help with my sister's poncho, and some advice about a project for one of my cousins. They were so nice and helpful. I'll probably go again in January (when I have some money to spend) and buy some yarn for a shawl.

My current list of items to knit before Christmas is:
1: My Sister's poncho
2: Stuffed animal for a Cousin
3: Gift for my Dad. (hint: it takes dpns)

Here are some gauge swatches of 2 yarns I'm considering using:

I've been trying to sort my Christmas projects so that the ones that need to be mailed will get done first. So far it hasn't been very easy, and I'm only sending 3 boxes. That'll be my Sunday afternoon project - figure out who's getting what, and make a plan for how to get it done. The deadline for sending them parcel post (and having them arrive before Christmas) is Dec. 15'th.

I'd better get stitching!
~Sarah

No comments: