November 22, 2010

Tatting; Motifs & Bookmark

Here are pictures of my most recent tatted pieces. The motifs were for the birthday tatting club, and the bookmark was for a friend.

These two are the Seed Bead Earrings from the Big Book of Tatting. I have made them several times, and prefer to use them as motifs, rather than earrings.

This heart pattern is from a free pattern sheet, published by Lizbeth Thread. I have also made this pattern many times. It is fairly quick and easy, although the first try gave me quite a lot of trouble.

I found this pattern on Be-Stitched.com. It is called "Tatted Flower Medallion." I made two of these. The pattern seemed to have been made for the thread, or vice versa. I used Lizbeth Springtime. The pattern was easy to make, although I did have to think through some of the instructions several times before fully comprehending what I was supposed to do.

This is the same pattern as this cross bookmark. (Last picture in post) The pattern is from Elizabeth's Lace. She uses "front side/back side" tatting, which I taught myself the first time I made the bookmark. This time, I was in a hurry, and I just tatted the way I normally do. Next time I try this pattern, I plan to leave myself enough time try a split ring 'tail' as seen in this post by UMI and TSURU.

Happy Tatting!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I still like the flower medallion best. It's gorgeous!!