November 30, 2010

Blog Posts of the Week X

Blog posts of the week; a semi-regularly published collection of my favorite blog posts from the past week. (Or however long it's been since the last time I shared my favorite blog posts.)


Jelly Xmas Star Tutorial
Jelly Wares is sharing this cute little crocheted star pattern. Although crocheting is not my preferred mode of crafting, I will be trying this pattern. It looks like the perfect size for my little Christmas tree.

Keep it Simple, Stupid
I'm Knitting As Fast As I Can notes that as time goes by, she seems to prefer simpler patterns. At the end of this post are some clever little I-cord bracelets. Since I love knitting I-cord, I see a few of these in my knitting future.

My Craft Room
French Press Knits has just finished turning her basement into a craft room. As you can see in the picture below, ours still needs a little bit of work to look as clean and organized as hers. She also just had a baby - congratulations!


December 2010 Desktop Calendar
I have been using these calendars from Chocolate and Zucchini all year. They always make me smile, and sometimes crave the food pictured. This month the picture is of chocolate clusters. Yummy!

From The Craftiblog:
Explosion Mini Gift Birthday Box - This is the cutest little box and when you take the top off, it 'explodes' to reveal candy or whatever else you put inside. I think these would be prefect to include with Christmas gifts.
Candy Bar Gift Card- This is also a very clever card and gift box all rolled into one sweet package.

From Jon's Thread Escapades:
Merriment Doily/Coaster - Jon is generously sharing this lovely pattern with her readers. Doilies have always intimidated me, but I think I might be able to manage this one.
Adding a Bead in the Centre of a SSSR - Jon has created a technique to insert a bead in a Single Shuttle Split Ring.


Little Teapots
Umi and Tsuru has been tatting little teapots from Martha Ess' Tea is for Tatting book.

From Yarnplayer:
It grew around a bottle cap - featuring a necklace that started with a bottle cap pendant.
Truckload Giveaway - Yarnplayer is hosting a giveaway, including a 'truckload' of HDT, a copy of her newest book, and some other goodies.

I hope you have fun checking out these blog posts!

No comments: