January 14, 2008

Quilling


I'd thought I was done posting my 2007 projects when I found a folder on my computer of quilling projects. I did the quilled Herb Sampler (#204) from Lake City Craft Co. for my Mom for Mother's Day. I was up 'til midnight the night before finishing it, and the next morning I was still adding leaves here and there. I had trouble with this kit - the directions for the chive leaves weren't as clear as they could have been, and all the paper was 1/8" instead of the normal 1/4".


This was for some friends who got married this year. The design is from Malinda Johnston's The Book of Paper Quilling, page 104. Their favorite colors are red and black, so I changed the fringed flowers from blue to red and picked a greener color for the leaves. I got to use my (then) brand new quilling fringer on the fringed flowers - a wonderful little gadget. I didn't like the way gold quill trim looked around the heart, and some friends suggested using gold braid. I'm very happy with the way it came out, and unlike the herbs, the directions were very easy to follow.

Happy Quilling!
~Sarah

No comments: