As I was working on updating my blog today, I realized there are several FO's that I have yet to blog about. First up, this Backpack Purse by Mary Mulari.
This is from Made For Travel, Page 57. There are two changes I would make to the directions. First, as with the Beach Tote, I would serge all pieces before beginning sewing. Second, use a reinforcing stitch on the seams at the top. The fabric is not holding up well at the top. I think sergeing and a good reinforcing stitch would have prevented the problem. Other than that, I'm happy with my new purse. It has nearly eliminated the shoulder soreness caused by regular purses. One other change I made was to make beaded zipper pulls for the front zippers.