October 4, 2008

Anglewing Needle Arts

I cannot believe that it has been a month since my last post! After returning from vacation, I started babysitting 3 days a week, so between that and trying to keep up with my responsibilities at home I havn't had much time for blogging.
Before we left Oak Island, we stopped at Angelwing Needle Arts. It's a cute little house that has been converted into a shop. When I walked in, I was amazed at the amount of stuff in such a tiny place. There was a small section of cross stitch patterns, an entire room of specialty threads, lots of yarn, a room full of fabric, and a very helpful owner. I didn't remember to take any pictures while I was there, but here are some pictures of what I bought.

For myself, I bought some sock yarn, Addi Turbo needles, ands Weeks Dye Works overdyed threads.

The threads are for a celtic bookmark pattern specially designed for overdyed threads. The socks will be knit up using the pattern 'Spring Thaw Socks' from the Summer 2008 Knitters Magazine.

You may have noticed that the Addis are not in the package - I've already put them to work. I recently bought the book 2-At-A-Time Socks and have started some practice socks.



The needles are great - I see why everyone likes them. Unfortunately, my yarn is yucky low quality stuff I got at a garage sale years ago. It's the perfect thing for practice socks, but makes for difficult knitting. Because of that, and needing to start on Christmas presents, they are in hibernation.

I also got my Mom some flat quarters. She does a lot of different things with them. She makes purses, and one of her patterns uses f(l)at quarters instead of giveing fabric yardage. She also uses them to finish her cross stitch projects.
If you're ever in North Carolina, near Oak Island, make sure you visit Anglewing Needle Arts. It is located at:
507 North Howe Street
Southport, NC 28461

~Sarah

No comments: