October 8, 2013

Tatting Tuesday

Confession: This post has been sitting in my drafts folder for a very long time. Since 2011, to be exact. Why? Because I haven't taken a picture of my completed project.

Way back in August 2009 this dragon made an appearance at the very bottom of a post. While I love the way the pattern looks, it was a lot of work. My biggest problem was using poor quality thread; also it was size 50, which I had never tried before. At the time of the post, I think I had broken the thread at least 5 times. Someone suggested thread conditioner, which made a huge difference in keeping the thread from breaking. 

Minor Norwegian Ice Dragon

No amount of blocking or starching could convince him to be a free-hanging ornament, so he is in my Finished Objects Scrapbook. If you decide to try this pattern, be sure to...
  • Use thread you are familiar with
  • Make sure you know how to make SSR (Single Shuttle Split Ring)
  • Know how to make a twisted picot; I didn't, and it shows. 
Someday I would like to try this pattern again, but for now I'm participating in a TIAS (Tat it and See) hosted by Lady Shuttle Maker. A TIAS is a mystery pattern, released one section at a time.  Here is my progress so far - any thoughts on what it might be? I'm leaning towards flower pot. The thread I'm using is Lizbeth Red Burst, size 20.

No comments: