October 17, 2009

Beaded Bracelet

Now that I've been dragged into the world of scrapping, I've discovered a few projects that never got posted here. First up is a beaded bracelet that I made as a Christmas gift for my sister in 2007. Shortly after I gave it to her, the charms fell off. My Mom helped me reattach the one charm that she still had, but she couldn't find the second one. I ordered a new one, and finally fixed it.



The black beads with floral designs are Tensha beads; the two long black beads are wooden; the large rectangular ones may also be wooden, but I'm not entirely certain about that. The charms are pewter, and the 'Sister' message bead is sterling silver. The Chinese character on the clasp is "joy"; the charm on the left is "love", and the one on the right is for friendship. I don't think the design is entirely accurate, though.  I designed the bracelet using Fire Mountain Gem's virtual bead board. It no longer seems to be working, though, which is a big disappointment. If anyone knows of another (free) virtual bead board, I'd love to hear about it.
~Sarah

No comments: