June 15, 2012

Crocheted Grocery Tote

Somewhere I have a chronological list of things that I've finished that need photos and blog posts. I can't find the list, and I'm probably the only one who cares about what order they were finished in. I finished this crocheted tote a while ago, but haven't used it yet (due to its' needing to be photographed for the blog). It is made out of the plastic sleeves that the newspaper comes in, and some colored grocery bags.

The directions for making the bag 'yarn' are here and the directions for making the bag are here.



The pattern was easy to follow, and all the pictures were very helpful. It does take a lot of bags. I was collecting the newspaper sleeves for at least a year, and then I still didn't have enough. Ultimately, it was a fun 'green' project, but took  too much prep work for me to consider making it again.

No comments: