May 10, 2010

Clearance is Wonderful!

Blog or Facebook?...Facebook or Blog? Blog. If only all the posts I write in my head could somehow find their way to Blogger as drafts. Then I'd just need to add a few pictures and links, and presto, Blog Posts To Go.

This was the deal of the week...two weeks ago. Six packages of Studio by Sculpey polymer clay. JoAnn's clearance isle, .50 apiece. According to their website, this usually sells for $2.99 per package. So, I got 6 packs for (nearly) the price of one. It (almost) always pays to check the clearance isle.
Now that you've seen my deal of the week, you probably want to know why I bought polymer clay, since I've never mentioned it before. The first time I saw clay ornaments and accessories for dollhouses, I was intrigued. At the time, I didn't think I could do it, it would be too expensive, and I really didn't need another hobby. One of the things the kids I babysit enjoy doing with me is modeling polymer clay. The first time I tried it, I knew I was hooked. I was also too broke to buy my own clay. Hence my excitement at finding the clay in the clearance isle. So far I haven't really done much with it. I've been doing a lot of research and planning my first project; a "room box patio" for my dollhouse. If you don't know what a room box is, there is a great tutorial here. Mine will be a bit different; I'll be sure to take pictures and post a step-by-step of how I do it. Due to helping with my Sis's wedding, and making the Wedding Gift, I will not have time to work on my new hobby until June. Stay tuned!

No comments: