May 11, 2010

Blog Posts of the Week I

If you read my gardening blog, you will already know that Google Reader says I have 108 blog subscriptions. In order to better keep up with reading all those blog posts, I'm starting a feature on both of my blogs with the posts I liked best. Both blogs will have recipe posts, but the garden blog will have garden-related posts featured, and this blog will have craft-related posts.

Testing Texture
This is just plain cool. A test swatch of different textures. I could see this turning into a very awesome scarf! Also a great way to decide what texture works best with your yarn, as French Press Knits was doing.

Pretty Posy
Projects as pretty as this make me wish I had more time for tatting. Jon's Thread Escapades is one of my favorite tatting blogs. Jon's work is always lovely, and I enjoy seeing the patterns she designs.

Resurrected
This post falls into the "Will be Useful Information Someday" category. Someday being defined as "Someday, when I've knit a pair of socks that have been worn so much that they now need to be darned". Which is exactly what happened to Knitterella. Her socks have been saved, and she made a great tutorial about how to darn socks.

Clara- Off the Needles
This is another "Someday" post. As in "Someday I will know someone who will appreciate the time and effort put into making a knitted piece and I can make this for their little girl" Or "Someday I'll be married, and hopefully have a little girl I can make this for. Anyway, French Press Knits did a lovely job on this cute little dress.

Shrimp and Feta Orzo
As I mentioned on my other blog, I'm not entirely sure I would enjoy this recipe, but it does intrigue me. If I make it, there will probably be a few tweaks made. Posted by An Herbal Bedfellow.

Hope you enjoy all the posts!!

No comments: