May 28, 2008

Pictures of Quilling & Knitting

A rather unimaginative title, but I'm tired and can't think of anything better. I finished the Mary Jane socks for my cousin - they are so cute!! ~And so is my cousin!I finally finished a square for Warm Up America. I used one of the patterns from the website. In order to get my gauge sort of right I had to drop down to a size 7 needle. I ended up with a 9" x 7" square, instead of 7" x 9" but that shouldn't be to much of a problem since there's no right or wrong side to it. I used seed stitch. For the next one, I think I'll drop down 2 sizes.
Last but not least, the quilling. As I mentioned in a previous post, this is for some friends who are getting married. If you think the bunny ear flowers are different colors, you are correct. Two were from the previous one I did, and two were recently made. I'm planning on using white for the rest of them, since the ivory doesn't contrast as nicely. The heart will have cord glued around it to hide the cardboard. Mom helped me choose some when we were at JoAnns the other day, and we noticed that although silver is supposedly 'in', there was at least twice as much gold cord as silver. The picture on the right is of the one I made a while back for some friends who got married.









My current crafting 'to do' list will probably keep me busy through the end of June.
For a wedding shower on the 7'th, I'm making a set of padded hangers. They will be his and hers themed: one will look like a tux, and the other a wedding gown.
For a shower on the 21'st (I'm not entirely sure I'll go, so this project will be semi-optional) I'm thinking another set of hangers, or maybe some coasters.
For the wedding on the 28'th, the quilled picture above.

No comments: