June 19, 2010

Scrappin' Saturday I

After many years of saying I would not get sucked into the Scrapping Fad, I'm enjoying scrapbooking. My first scrapbook is a sort of "brag book"; it has pictures of many crafts I've completed. It's not finished yet, because some of the projects aren't finished. The scrapbook came with a scrapping kit Mom and I picked up at Sam's. At the time we just wanted to use the supplies for card making. While many of them have been used for cards, some of the leftover pieces have found their way into my scrapbook.




  • Background Paper: Vellum printed with various definitions. 
  • Letters: Cuttlebug Alphabet, Red Tag Sale; cut out of a paper called Crushed Suede. The paper has since been discontinued, which is very disappointing - I would love a whole stack of it!
  • Photos: Cropped and corners rounded.
  • Die-Cut: Ribbon Tags Trio by Spellbinders. I cut this out of the cream paper (center) then colored with a dark pen (probably a Sharpie Pen) around the edges.
  • Other Decorations: A couple of small quilled flowers in the center, and a folded rose in the corner. The folded rose does keep the page protector from lying flat, but I'm not overly worried about it since it's on the first page and won't be against any other pages that might get warped by it.
  • Project Pictured - Altered Notebook

No comments: