September 27, 2010

Quilled Frame & Buddy Bag

These were supposed to be done in September of 2009. I didn't finish them until August 2010.
This was for my previous employer; she remarried and moved to Italy, and I'd hoped to have it done before she left. I was able to give it to her when she and her family came back to visit this past August.

I designed the frame myself. For the names, I roughly followed the alphabets in The New Paper Quilling. For the flower clusters, I just experimented until it looked right. Some of the flowers have quilled centers. For the ones that didn't, I glued on a small flat-backed gem.


This was for her son. He loves anything Tractor related, especially if it's John Deere. It's the same pattern as the backpacks I made for my cousins a couple years ago. This one is slightly different, because instead of knitting a pocket, I made it out of fabric. My Mom set up her fancy sewing machine to embroider the tractor on the pocket. The inside is lined with (what else?) tractor fabric, and I even got a little fancy and added two pockets.

If you would like a custom designed photo frame, feel free to contact me through the Alchemy section of my Etsy Shop.

No comments: