November 27, 2009

Just Keep Sewing, Sewing...

First off, Happy (belated) Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a wonderful day!

For some odd reason, I seem to only blog when I've finished a project. The other day I was thinking "I should really blog about something. But what? I haven't fnished anything lately." Then it dawned on me, like a lightbulb going on over my head: I could blog about my unfinished projects! Brilliant! Ok, enough with the sarcasm. I've been doing some sewing lately, and finished three projects last night. I also started working on the gift I was going to give my cousin last year for Christmas. It was going well until I realized that one sleeve had been put in upside down. I'm not sure who reads this blog, so no pictures 'til after Christmas. In the meantime, here's a picture of my sewing area.

When I sew, I move the machine over. Otherwise I use the space for pinning, scrapping and reading patterns that don't make sense. The bag next to the iron contains mending and projects that I really should finish. The pillow needs to be taken apart and given a new backing. Behind the sewing machine is a two drawer storage unit that has all my ribbon, lace, trim and bias tape. I store my serger on top when it's not in use. You can't see it in the picture because it has a bag of Almost Finished Projects leaning against it. On top of the serger is a bag of fabric that needs to be cut out. The cabinets above store most of my notions, and my two fabric stash boxes are below the counter. (My Grandpa custom-made the counter for us!) to the left is my Mom's sewing space, and our stamping/scrapping space.

No comments: